Taxes levied by the government on workers income and business profits are a cost of doing business. As Savvy Cleaners we pay all federal and state taxes.
Personal & Self Employed
Mac oS High Sierra 10.13+
Mac OS Catalina 10.15+
- TurboTax Home & Business + State is recommended to maximize your deductions for personal and self employed tax situations especially if you received income from a side job
- Best for those who are self-employed or an independent contractor, freelancer, consultant or sole proprietor
- MAXIMUM TAX REFUND- Searches for more than 350+ tax deductions and credits, including mortgage interest, property taxes and energy-efficient improvements, to get you everything you deserve
- TAXES DONE RIGHT – TurboTax guides you through your tax preparation, keeping you up to date with the latest tax laws and double-checking your entries along the way.
- SAVE TIME- Automatically imports financial information including W-2s, mortgage and investment information as well as imports prior-year tax return information from TurboTax and other tax software.
- Includes 5 free federal e-files and one download of a TurboTax state product ($44.99 value) state e-file sold separately
- Exclusively at Amazon, receive a free 1-year subscription to Quicken Starter Edition 2019 ($29.99 value) with your purchase of TurboTax
Partnerships, Corporations, LLC’s Trusts & Estates
- TurboTax Business works best if your small business is a partnership, S Corp, C Corp, multi-member LLC, or for trusts and estates
- Prepare and file your business or trust taxes with confidence
- Get guidance in reporting income and expenses
- Boost your bottom line with industry-specific tax deductions
- Create W 2 and 1099 tax forms for employees and contractors
- Includes 5 free federal e-files, state preparation additional. Windows only
- Save time with streamlined asset depreciation and reporting as well as importing prior-year tax data
- Maximum Tax Refund – Searches for more than 350+ tax deductions and credits, including mortgage interest, property taxes and energy-efficient improvements, to get you everything you deserve
- Taxes Done Right – TurboTax guides you through your tax preparation, keeping you up to date with the latest tax laws and double-checking your entries along the way.
- Save Time – Automatically imports financial information including W-2s, mortgage and investment information as well as imports prior-year tax return information from TurboTax and other tax software.
- Free U.S. based TurboTax product support via phone
- Easily import your data from QuickBooks Desktop products
Common House Cleaning Business Tax Deductions
NOTE: The key is to take deductions common to other house cleaners.
Weird or unusual deductions could trigger an audit.
YOUR HOME OFFICE
A percentage of your home office (Desks, Chairs, Shelves, File Cabinets, Cleaning Supply Room)
Partial Utilities of your home office
Partial Water Bill of your home office
Partial of your Internet Services
Partial of your smartphone and phone services
AUTO (A portion of the following:)
Auto Car Wash
Auto Inspection & Registration
Auto Tires, Rotation, Oil Changes
Auto Property Tax
DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS
Uniforms (Pants, Tops, Shoes, Hats, Jackets, Aprons)
PPE – Personal Protective Equipment (Gloves, Shoe Covers, Face Masks, Aprons, Safety Glasses etc.)
Cleaning Disposables (Paper Towels, Duster Heads, Magic Erasers, Sponges)
Cleaning Equipment (Vacuums, Mops, Brushes, Cloths, Step Ladders, Telescoping Wands)
Cleaning Supplies (Degreasers, Disinfectants, All-Purpose Cleaners etc.)
Marketing Expenses (Social media posts, ads, graphics, lists, etc.)
Postage for Direct Mail (postcards, flyers,
Graphic Design Help (Fivrr, Logo Design, Postcard or car wrap design.)
Printing (Business Cards, Flyers, Direct Mail, Banners, Yard Signs, Car Wraps)
LEGAL & PROFESSIONAL
Legal and Professional Fees (Trademarks, LLC Registering, Annual Reports, Registered Agent, Tax preparation, Payroll services, Attorney, etc.)
Memberships – Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Savvy Cleaner
Training and Certification, Research & Development, Educational Books, Consulting, Coaching, Workshops, online courses, etc.
Business Liability Insurance
Charity – Donations
SAAS (SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE)
SAAS – Amazon Kindle – Business Education
SAAS – CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
SAAS – Editing Software & Apps for Before and After Pics, Videos, Audio for Marketing
SAAS – Email Marketing – Mailchimp, Convertkit, Aweber etc.
SAAS – Marketing Apps, Canva, PicMonkey, Social Jukebox
SAAS – Merchant Account
SAAS – Online Security – Password Protectors, Key Codes for Customers
SAAS – Scheduling Software
SAAS – Software, TurboTax, Quicken, Quickbooks, Computer repair, Virus Protection, Malware etc.
SAAS – Webhosting
SAAS – Website (Development, themes, apps, plugins, domain names, SSL Certs etc.)
CONFERENCES & TRADESHOWS
Conference registration, Hotels, Plane, Taxi, Uber, food (Business Related Expenses)
Entertainment 100% – Team Office Parties
Entertainment 50% – Eating on the go